[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: HandlerChain

zauberlehrling do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 30 10:14:15 EST 2006

Please ignore my last posting, the application server now reads the handler configuration file. But I get a NullPointer Exception:

  | Could not create deployment: file:/opt/jboss-4.0.5.GA/server/default/deploy/jsr181pojo.war
  | java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.AnnotationsMetaDataBuilder.processHandlerChain(AnnotationsMetaDataBuilder.java:545)

In the class AnnotationsMetaDataBuilder in the method processHandlerChain the Exception is raised because hcName is null:

  | for (HandlerChainMetaData handlerChainMetaData : handlerConfigMetaData.getHandlerChains())
  | {
  |     String hcName = handlerChainMetaData.getHandlerChainName();
  |     if (hcName.equals(anHandlerChain.name()) || anHandlerChain.name() == null)
  |     {

Does anybody knows how to set a value for handlerChainName? This is an attribute of the object HandlerChainMetaData.

Many Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996969#3996969

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996969