[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: How to access intercepted methods in JSF?

kabir.khan@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 30 17:26:54 EST 2006

"ykrishnaprasad" wrote : 1) If there is a return in the intercepted method(call or execution), the interceptor doesn't work.
  | Is there anything i am missing?

Please define "doesn't work"
"ykrishnaprasad" wrote :

"ykrishnaprasad" wrote :
  | 2) I have an AOP "Project1" with interceptor on a method in a class.
  | I do not have a problem running the Project1 by itself(unless i use a return in my intercepted method).
  | But if a take the Project1 jar(without jboss-aop.xml in the jar) file for
  | this project along with its jboss-aop.xml(2 files in total)
  | and drop it in JBoss deploy directory, and try to use the intercepted method of Project1 class
  | in JSF of "Project2", it doesn't intercept.
  | Am i deploying correctly?
  |
  | Project1:
  | Calltest.java
  | HelloAOPInterceptor.java
  | jboss-aop.xml

The jboss-aop.xml file must be deployed before the jar (assuming you are using loadtime weaving) - See the "injboss" example that comes with the dist for info about packaging
"ykrishnaprasad" wrote :

  | Project2:
  | JSF, faces-config.xml and web.xml
  |
  | (The reason for seperating the jar and jboss-aop.xml(of Project1)
  | is that i can reference the deploy directory project1.jar in my Project2 library
  | list to use its classes.If i include the jboss-aop.xml
  | in the jar itself, then it has to be named as project1.jar.aop(according to JBoss AOP framework doc chapter 10)
  | which i cannot add to my library list in Project 2.)

I don't understand what you are asking?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996998#3996998

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996998