[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem with exceptions.xml

sjmenden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 30 23:04:59 EST 2006

I am having problems getting exceptions.xml working.  I want to get a simple scenario working of redirecting all exceptions to /error.xhtml.

exceptions.xml

  | <exceptions>
  |    <exception>
  |       <redirect view-id="/error.xhtml">Unexpected failure</redirect>
  |       <end-conversation/>
  |    </exception>
  | </exceptions>

And I am testing this by throwing a NPE in one of my EJBs(extends EntityHome).  I am not getting the error page, and I am getting the debug.seam output embeded in my template.xhtml with the url of the page I was calling, in this case ticket.seam. The output is all crammed on the left hand side of the page in the navigation.

Any ideas how I can fix this.  I even removed the debug jar and I still got that debug output (not the full debug.seam page though).  I even tried:

  | <component name="org.jboss.seam.core.init">
  |         <property name="debug">false</property>
  |         <property name="jndiPattern">@jndiPattern@</property>
  |     </component>
  |
  | and
  |
  | 	<context-param>
  |     	<param-name>org.jboss.seam.core.init.debug</param-name>
  |     	<param-value>false</param-value>
  | 	</context-param>

but it changed nothing.

Optimally, I would like to keep the debug.seam page so I can reference it, but I would in general like to forward all exceptions to /error.xhtml.  What am I doing wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997020#3997020

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997020