[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - JBOSS Pooling

Renierb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 04:37:17 EDT 2006

I use to use individual connections to connect from our JSP pages to Postgresql. Then we setup a pool in jboss in postgres-ds.xml, in my deploy directory. We use a datasource also setup in JBOSS, used in our JSP pages.
But our stress testing results show that with pooling its about 10% slower than without pooling. What can I configure to make it faster?
Here is what I have setup so far:

<min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
<max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
<blocking-timeout-millis>50000</blocking-timeout-millis>
<idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-minutes>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3956881#3956881

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3956881