[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Remoting On Existing POJO Channel

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 05:09:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response.

You shouldn't look at using JBoss Cache as an RPC mechanism.  It is a library for distributing state and that is it.  I try and discourage people from using JBoss Cache as an RPC library and this is why the callRemoteMethods() are deprecated.  They will disappear in 2.0.0.

If you need to implement an RPC protocol, using JGroups + RpcDispatcher is one way to do it.  And as you've seen, this is how we perform RPC in JBoss Cache.

If you need JBoss Cache functionality *as well as* RPC functionality, perhaps you should start a separate JGroups channel (different mcast address/port/cluster name) for RPC calls and a separate channel for JBoss Cache.  This will prevent any conflicts in messages, etc.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3956902#3956902

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3956902