[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss Seam is just a toy in front of the user using Spri

christian.bauer@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 07:13:01 EDT 2006

First, I don't think that its about pure functionality, or that one software has more features than another stack. This is a very restricted way to compare things.

When it comes to web application development I'd look for simplicity, and how this is defined. To me, simplicity means that:

- easy things are easy to do
- difficult things are still easy to do
- the 90% common case can be implemented without effort
- the 10% more difficult problems can be solved in an elegant fashion

Seam delivers most of this today even though it is quite young. I think it has the right balance of features for the 90/10 scenario. Naturally, some features and options could mature a little, but that will happen.

When it comes to integration of Java EE 5.0, Seam delivers deep integration at the level of the programming models, which makes it unique AFAIK. (Hence the Web Beans JSR to bring this back into the standards.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3956953#3956953

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3956953