[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Considerably slow after execute phase

andrew.rw.robinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 16:15:47 EDT 2006

After the execute phase there is a large delay in my application. I went hunting it down to find out why. I found the slowness in Seam.

>From inside of "isTransactionAvailableAndMarkedRollback" of Transactions.java, the "return (UserTransaction) Naming.getInitialContext().lookup(userTransactionName);" method throws a "CommunicationException" of message "Receive timed out".

In this particular project, I am not using transactions or EJBs. All of my Seam components are POJOs and there is no entity manager or any other type of persistence configured in the Seam/JSF layer of our application.

I have no components.xml and my seam.properties is empty. I do have a pages.xml though.

The only Seam configuration I have in the web.xml is the filters (SeamRedirectFilter, SeamRedirectFilter) and the listener (org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener).

Environment:
JBoss AS 4.0.3 SP1 (no EJB3 deployment, just the default deployment)
JBoss Seam 1.0.1
MyFaces 1.1.3
Tomahawk 1.1.2
Facelets 1.0.14

We are not planning (any time soon) to use any user transactions or EJBs in this project. What must I do to speed this method up as it really doesn't need to execute in our environment?

Thanks,
Andrew

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957134#3957134

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957134