[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: How to invoke a business process in JBoss

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 18:23:15 EDT 2006

OK, Peace, Live Long And Prosper, well at least at the end of this post.

Some constructive comments:

anonymous wrote : The very demo on the JBoss web site uses 3.0.3, so it is reasonable to conclude that people would be using 3.0.3.

To be honest, you are the first. At least from the moment that the download page on either the .org or .com site only showed the 3.0x version while there was a 3.1 version. In most cases we get questions about the latest version.

anonymous wrote : without knowing the version

If you look in the forum we often ask the version where we perceive it to be important (the gpd) or get the impression an older version could be used (not in this case). The document about asking smart questions states for the poster (you in this case) to give detailed information about your environment and not assume the reader (me in this case) is clairvoiant. It prevents an additional post (what is your env?) and thus work and delay.

anonymous wrote : bpmContext weren't found in either the starter's kit or regular jBPM distribution, and additionally when I posted that the Google references referred to things not in the starter kit,

I think people before you screwed it for you by not using search at all and often wrong. This is such a big frustration that I maybe jumped to conclusions to soon. otoh, it could have been a trigger for you as well to see that you were using a different version. Again, to prevent these things is what the document about asking smart questions is about. Regarding the 'sorry...' I still am not (are you;-)). The moment you stated:

anonymous wrote : Perhaps this is the source of my questions.

you got an answer within 4 minutes....... 4 minutes...(thanks cpob) that there is a difference.

Now regarding the future, If you promise me to give the 'ask smart questions' to your customers, tell them to look in the source, teach them how to use the search etc...etc...etc, I'll promise they'll get a decent response (If I'm the one responding), but it still could be that they get an occasional RTFM, STFW (aka google is your friend). Tell them not to be offended (as stated in the 'smart questions...'). If I realy want to offend people, I would tell them to  off, get lost or something similar.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957170#3957170

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957170