[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Considerably slow after execute phase

CptnKirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 20:15:25 EDT 2006

Are you running a personal firewall or something that might interfere with local networking?  You also mentioned another wireless interface on your machine.  Try starting up JBoss with the -b option (eg, run.sh -b 127.0.0.1).  This should tell JBoss to only bind to the loopback device on your system.  Normally when JBoss boots up it tries to bind on every device on the machine.  If there's a network problem with other devices this could side step it.

Then try hitting http://127.0.0.1:8080/... or whatever port you've configured the web server to run on.

Maybe this will help.  If it does help then there seems to be a networking issue on your local machine.  Maybe it's the wireless device, maybe it's some other device (VPN, PPP, or another NIC).

If it doesn't help I'm afraid I'm running out of straws.  Might want to check with the JB networking folks.  And in case I'm wrong and somehow this is a Seam issue, you can try another non-seam app that does a JNDI lookup.  Should see the same lag.

-Jim

PS:  Another straw, try a JVM upgrade.  In the past either Windows or Java had a problem with loopback for something.  It may have just been multicast, I don't remember.  A JVM upgrade shouldn't hurt in any case.  Nor should taking a trip to Windows Update and ensuring you're up to date there as well.

PPS:  I guess if we think loopback could be a problem we can try binding to your primary NIC (I hope that isn't the wireless device).  Bring up ifconfig, ipconfig, wincfg, winipcfg (one of those, it's been a while since I've done Windows networking).  You should see an eth0 device.  This should be your primary network device.  Make note of that IP, do the same -b thing, and rehit the app under your new URL.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957186#3957186

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957186