[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss Seam is just a toy in front of the user using Spri

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 11:48:45 EDT 2006

Don't underestimate the importance of bringing this stuff back into the standards.  After several years of Spring development, do you see any of the code Spring guys trying to bring their ideas back into Java EE?   I saw lots of crying about J2EE, but did they contribute back to the Java community for the benefit of everyone?  This is really core infrastructure that needs to be a real standard for IDEs/tools, app servers, external libraries, etc... to build on.   So now, Java EE has moved on, and Spring will become increasingly less relevant.  (not an attempt at FUD - just my personal opinion)

With Seam, however, we're not trying to suck you into a proprietary system.  We're trying to push Seam's innovations back into the Java EE standards to make sure that everyone can benefit from the simplified development model.  I can't wait, for example, to see the first IDEs built around Web Beans.  Could you imagine a Web Beans friendly Java Studio Creator type solution?  That's the type of things that can be done when innovations are pushed pack into the standard platform.

The result is that you can get all the benefits of Seam now, knowing that what you are doing will line up nicely with the future of the Java EE platform.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957398#3957398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957398