[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Beginning conversations in @Factory methods

iradix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 15:16:23 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : Yes, but if it's in PAGE scope then on 'postback' the datamodel will  be available through EL so won't  be recreated. Your scenario is a big reason for PAGE scope :)

Good point, I wasn't thinking about how page scope worked.  Unfortunately, I have tried this in the past and it adds another big problem.... serializing/reconstituting data.  Since my lists consist of attached Entity Beans this is problematic.

anonymous wrote : A page action would work as well I think. Remember you can disable conversation propogation for actions and therefore @Begin would start a new conversation. This is equivalent to to your 'stripping the conversation Id'.

Disabling propogation sounds perfect.... but how do you do it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957481#3957481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957481