[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - How to Handle Process Execution History

brado do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 16:58:51 EDT 2006

I am using jBPM 3.1.1. The user guide states regarding persistence of process instances:

"The main purpose of persistence is to store process executions during wait states."

This suggests pretty strongly that the purpose of persistence in jBPM is supporting the runtime execution of processes. However, I also want a history of all processes executed. Looking at the jBPM datbase schema, it appears that the JBPM_PROCESSINSTANCE table is probably the only candidate for this, and I'm guessing that's the same table regular persistence mentioned in the user guide writes to.

Perhaps I'm just overlooking it, but is there a generally accepted means of retrieving a history of all processes executed? If not, how is everyone else handling this...writing to your own history table I presume?

Thanks for your help.

Brad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957530#3957530

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957530