[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: How to Handle Process Execution History

brado do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 19:43:24 EDT 2006

Ronald,

Yeah, I think for now I'd be happy to just see the data from the JBPM_LOG table -- problem is I don't seem to be getting any data populated in the table. The user guide states:

"Various kinds of logs are generated by jBPM : graph execution logs, context logs and task management logs.
The LoggingInstance will collect all the log entries. When the ProcessInstance is saved, all the logs in the LoggingInstance  will be flushed to the database. "

I have a business process deployed to my server, and I'm getting the process definition, creating a process instance, and immediately saving the process instance to the database. Then I execute my business process. Following, I immediately save my process instance again. I am not seeing anything saved to my JBPM_PROCESSINSTANCE or JBPM_LOG table.

Here's basically the code block I'm using:

  | JbpmContext jbpmContext = jbpmConfiguration.createJbpmContext();
  | GraphSession graphSession = jbpmContext.getGraphSession();
  | ProcessDefinition processDefinition = graphSession.findLatestProcessDefinition("MyProcess");
  | ProcessInstance processInstance = new ProcessInstance(processDefinition);
  | jbpmContext.save(processInstance);
  | Token token = processInstance.getRootToken();
  | token.signal();
  | jbpmContext.save(processInstance);

I can trace through this in the debugger, and it executes fine, and doesn't either throw exceptions or output any errors to the JBoss log. In addition, it appears I'm able to retrieve my process definition fine from the database, so that should demonstrate that communication with the database is working.

Any ideas?

Brad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957578#3957578

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957578