[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: Frequent

mjdinsmore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 23:11:31 EDT 2006

Rob, You mentioned:
"rob.stryker at jboss.com" wrote : How long is it taking your server to start? If it is actually close to where my timeout is, I can either try to increase the timeout or allow the user to do it.

Does your later comment:

"rob.stryker at jboss.com" wrote : For this week's release I've up'd the default timeout to 180000 ms, and I've added what I feel is better information to the event log regarding what's going on. You'll also be able to select an item in the 'event log' section of the view and, if the properties view is visible, get some additional information.

  | Hopefully this will help. At least I'm certain if it happens again I'll get more useful information back.
  |
  | - Stryker

mean that you did not add the user configurable timeout?  I tried changing ...\eclipse\plugins\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core_1.0.0.Alpha\plugin.xml with the startTimeout and stopTimeout values to something else but it didn't seem to have any effect.  I'd be happy if the timeout was set to 300000 ms as even 180000 ms isn't going to be anywhere close to long enough for things to start up... (the larger value would at least give me breathing room)

Am I missing something?  Should that manual change in the plugin.xml file actually be used?

thanks,
Mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957610#3957610

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957610