[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Why loading the class in EJB jar rather than the one in war

bennyckp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 13 05:42:49 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

This question is about the class loader config in JBoss.
I am currently deploying a EJB jar and a war in JBoss 4.0.3SP1.
They are mdb.jar and app.war and are placed in the server/default/deploy folder separately.

In the mdb.jar, I have a ClassA.class, i.e.
   mdb
      |_ ClassA.class (version 1)
      |_ META-INF

In the app.war, I also have a ClassA.class but it contains some system out in this version, i.e.
   app
     |_ WEB-INF
     |      |_ classes
     |            |_ClassA.class (version 2 w/ system out)
     |_ ...
When I startup my JBoss, I don't know why the web application uses the ClassA in the mdb.jar which has no system out?

My Question is:
1. Do the jar and the war share a common class loader ?
2. After I've read the doc about JBoss setting, I config the jboss-web.xml in the app.war as follow but the problem still exists.
   <jboss-web>
  |       <class-loading java2ClassLoadingCompliance="false">
  |       <loader-repository>
  |            com.cherrypicks:loader=chs.war
  |            <loader-repository-config>java2ParentDelegation=false</loader-repository-config>
  |       </loader-repository>
  |       </class-loading>
  |  </jboss-web>
   Even though I redeploy the app.war, it still loads the ClassA in mdb.jar.
   Can anybody explain it ?

My jboss tomcat setting is like below..
<attribute name="Java2ClassLoadingCompliance">false</attribute>
  | <attribute name="UseJBossWebLoader">false</attribute>

3. I want different deployments use their own classes in jar/war and don't let them to use the classes (with same name) in other deployment, i.e. separate class loader. How can I do that ?

Thanks,
Benny Chan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957670#3957670

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957670