[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - PB with EJB while upgrading from 3.2.7 to 4.0.4

ftiss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 13 07:20:39 EDT 2006

I've an application which work fine with JBoss 3.2.7.
I try to use it with JBoss 4.0.4. I've a problem while connecting with a EJB.  I use the getHandle instruction, to obtain an handle on my EJB.
When I use this handle with handle.getEJBObject(), I got the following :

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file:  java.naming.factory.initial

	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:640)

	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:243)

	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getURLOrDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:280)

	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)

	at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.handle.StatefulHandleImpl.getEJBObject(StatefulHandleImpl.java:171)

When I run the application with a debbuger, this is what I got for the handle :

Handle I've got with JBoss 4.0.4.

metaHandle: javax.ejb.Handle = {org.jboss.proxy.ejb.handle.StatefulHandleImpl at 700}
org.jboss.proxy.ejb.handle.StatefulHandleImpl
id: java.lang.Object = {org.jboss.util.id.UID at 701}
invoker: org.jboss.invocation.Invoker = null
invokerID: java.lang.Object = null
invokerProxyBinding: java.lang.String = null
jndiEnv: java.util.Hashtable = null
jndiName: java.lang.String = "MetaSFR"
objectName: int = 0

Handle I've got with JBoss 3.2.7.

metaHandle: javax.ejb.Handle = {org.jboss.proxy.ejb.handle.StatefulHandleImpl at 6f8}
org.jboss.proxy.ejb.handle.StatefulHandleImpl
id: java.lang.Object = {org.jboss.util.id.UID at 6f9}
invoker: org.jboss.invocation.Invoker = {org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy at 6fa}
invokerID: java.lang.Object = {org.jboss.util.id.GUID at 6fb}
invokerProxyBinding: java.lang.String = "stateful-rmi-invoker"
jndiName: java.lang.String = "MetaSFR"
objectName: int = 899834709

As you can see, invoker is null under JBoss 4.0.4.
I've surely done a mistake in my configuration. But where ?
Thank you for your help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957690#3957690

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957690