[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Modeling simple process(tasks)

dlipski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 14 07:38:33 EDT 2006

Hi, I'm using jBPM for few days, i've read whole documentation and i have problem with modeling very simple process.
First short process description:

Supplier creates order after that, order can be accepted or rejected by shop employee. But diffrent employees have different permissions: some can only accept ,some reject, others can do both. After accepting process go's to accepted state, after rejecting go's to rejected state.

As i understand documentation permissions can be applied only to tasks so i have to create to tasks acceptOrder and rejectOrder and assign them to some task node for ex. orderCreated.
This node should have two transitions: goToAccepted and goToRejected. Now it's very easy to get all user tasks (getTaskMgmtSession().findTaskInstances(#userId#)).

But there is one problem how i can know witch transistion I should take after completing one of these tasks ? Of course in this simple process i know witch but it must be handcoded outside of workflow (in the client). How to model such cases ? How to link tasks with transistions witch should be taken after completing them.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958039#3958039

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958039