[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Thread Stalling on Scheduled Job

CasaDelNorte do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 14 11:03:09 EDT 2006

We found the problem.

Our database (SQL Server) is a little flaky and likes to not answer from time to time. Just doesn't scale well.

And by default, JTDS doesn't set a query timeout.

We've added:
;loginTimeout=20
to the JTDS URL, to make sure the connection pool has a chance at refreshing iteself, and added:
private static final int SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT = 2; // by query
  | callableStatement.setQueryTimeout(SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT);
to all of our DAOs for scheduled jobs.

I made these changes last night, and as expected the jobs threw several query timeout exceptions, and the jobs restarted on the next scheduled interval.

So - hopefully - this is the entire issue we're experiencing. We'll be able to confirm after a couple of days in production.

Thanks!
Larry

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958103#3958103

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958103