[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Theme No Selection Leads to Null Pointer Selection

richmitc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 14 14:35:26 EDT 2006

Yes, I received the same error in CR2.  This is under Fedora Core 5 using Firefox.  Here is what I did:

1.  Rebooted my system.

2.  Cleared out my /usr/local/jboss directory.

3.  Followed this procedure to install a clean CR2

http://enlitants.com/blog/2006/07/13/jboss-portal-24-install-on-fedora-core-5/

4.  Surfed to the portal.

5.  Logged in as admin.

6.  Expanded root in the management console.  Selected default.  Selected Themes.  Selected "no selection".  Clicked update.  I get this error:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException
	org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.process(PortalServlet.java:306)
	org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.doGet(PortalServlet.java:172)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.jboss.portal.core.command.MarkupCommand.getTheme(MarkupCommand.java:358)
	org.jboss.portal.core.command.MarkupCommand.execute(MarkupCommand.java:300)
	org.jboss.portal.core.command.ControllerCommand.dispatch(ControllerCommand.java:91)

I only included the top part of the chain but can include it all if needed.  I get this error now no matter what I do.

Rich

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958180#3958180

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958180