[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Lob is not being lazily loaded

chusband do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 14 15:51:42 EDT 2006

I apologize if this is not the correct forum...

I have a byte[] in an entity that I am annotating with lob and fetch=lazy.  Yet when I retrieve it though a session bean, it is fully loaded.  I heard that "lazy" is only a hint.  It is important that I only lazily load this.  Is there a more correct way to do this?

In Entity:

  | private byte[] data;
  |
  | @Lob
  | @Basic(fetch=FetchType.Lazy)
  | public byte[] getData() {
  |   return data;
  | }

Things I've tried:
I tried using a secondarytable annotation, but the field was still eagerly loaded.

I tried creating a data table and a OneToOne relationship, but when I set this relationship to be lazily loaded, jassist returns an error.

I got it to work with a OneToMany relationship, but that "bugs" me since it is really a one-to-one relationship.

Thanks for the help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958199#3958199

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958199