[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Client access to Entity beans

Doug.Palmer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 15 18:04:35 EDT 2006

"fguerzoni" wrote : From Entity Bean tutorial:

  | Entity Beans have been given a complete overhaul in EJB 3.0. Entity beans are plain Java objects that can be allocated with new and attached/detached/reattached to persistence storage. Entity beans are not remotable and must be access through the new javax.persistence.EntityManager service. JBoss's EJB 3.0 implementation is built on top of Hibernate.
  |
  | So with ejb3, the facade pattern, is not an option anymore.
  |
  | bye

Ok, I've put a session bean in front of my entities now, following the MVC pattern.  I guess my initial question should have read:

How can I instantiate an Entity Manager on a stand alone client?

I had already figured out that the client couldn't connect directly to an entity bean.  However, all of my attempts to instantiate an entity manager on a client failed.  Is there a mechanism for starting an entity manager in the client which persists data to a remote Jboss server?

Regards
Doug

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958297#3958297

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958297