[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - An EJB-QL query with sorting on an aggregate function

adamw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 17 11:48:45 EDT 2006

Hello,
I have a problem with constructing a query which uses group-by and sorts by an aggregate column. As I use MySQL, I can't just write "ORDER BY min(column)", so I try a different approach, which works in MySQL, but throws an exception when I try to use it in EJB3. My query looks like this:

  | SELECT name, min(dateCreated) AS mdc FROM TagEntity
  | GROUP BY name
  | ORDER BY mdc

Any ideas how can I do it any other (working :) ) way?

--
Cheers,
Adam

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958511#3958511