[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: sharing data between render() and processAction() method

hubertg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 18 15:04:17 EDT 2006

I may be wrong, but I think by using your suggested commands the Object o won't be accessible in the RenderRequest. If it were I'd happily use this method of sharing objects between the methods.

The only way is to use ActionResponse::setRenderParameter(String). Then the renderparameter is simply added to the url used for redirect (/portal/default/?renderparam1=value).

Render and ActionREquest are two different HTTPServletRequest and not sharing any objects. Thats at least what I remember from JSR 168 :-)

JSF and struts are no real alternatives because the current system is based on webwork 1. I used the StrutsBridge as some kind of inspiration though.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958929#3958929

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958929