[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Accessing jBoss 4.0.4 with Java 1.3 client

vvmikho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 02:07:50 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Can anybody tell me whether it is possible to have Java 1.3 client to JBoss 4.0.4??
When using INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY we specify "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory" and this means that some jboss client side jars are required.

Now, when using client jars from jboss 4 we get "unsupported JVM" complain (as jboss 4 is built for Java 1.4 or newer)

When using client jars from jBoss 3.2.3 we getting serialisation problems on JBoss specific classes.

Can it work at all?

Thanks,

Viktor

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959017#3959017