[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Begin and @End

bluetrade do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 12:16:47 EDT 2006

Hi ,

I have a question regardint conversation propagation. I am passing around a User throughout the application but I don't know how much information of the user I really need. Now, the user might reference to more than 100 other objects, and I don't want to do an eager retrieval of the data, since maybe only 2 objects are needed.
So right now I use a @Begin(join=true) on almost every page and have the @End tag only when the user enters the logOut method. I can see how this can be problamatic, but what solutions are there if I don't want to run into LIEs (lazy init...)?

Does anyone have any hints on this? Can I maybe optimize this somehow?

Thanks
Joey

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959210#3959210

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959210