[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: application-defined resources for MDBs

ekrisjo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 16:20:20 EDT 2006

Am i making any sense? ill try to rephrase a bit...

This is my interpretation: most application servers uses a server specific deployment descriptor (or annotation) element that maps the logical JNDI name as used by the module (EJB,WAR) to the deployment environment JNDI name. This descriptor is defined and packaged in the module, not in the application (EAR).

Let's assume I have packaged and tested a set of modules which will be exposed as reusable modules from (for example) a maven repository. I pick appropriate modules to be assembled in applications. I have a hard time understanding how modules containing MDBs can be packaged in multiple applications (deployed in the same server) and still avoid "deployment environment jndi name" conflicts.

Servlet context can be bound using application.xml. Deployment environment JNDI names for SLSBs can be generated depending on what application it was deployed in (JBoss works this way?). I think persitence.xml can be packaged in the application and modules can use logical names to reference "application-defined" datasources? All of these approches avoid conflicts by binding the logical name when assembling the application, not when assembling the module.

But, for MDBs i have not found any similar way of "lately" bind the logical name of a queue to the deployment environment JNDI name?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959317#3959317

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959317