[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - JBOSSRULES: migration from drools 2.X to drools 3.X

Thierry R. do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 18:06:31 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have been using drools 2.x (before it becomes part of jboss) for about 1 year and I'm trying now to migrate my scripts to jbossrules 3.0.1.

I have made the necessary rewriting (XML => plain DRL). Unfortunatly my rules don't compile any more.

I'm wondering if there are a few regression issues :
- a function call within another function is illegal
- reduced conditional expression is illegal in the consequence part (RHS) : LV = (C)?V1:V2

I know there are work-around for these issues (helper class in the first case and if/else in the second) but I don't understand why valid java constructions don't compile anymore.

The problem occurs for sure with the janino compiler and maybe with the eclipse compiler.

Thank you for your answers

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959360#3959360

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959360