[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Please explain the Portal URL - /portal/portal

hamptont do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 19:38:48 EDT 2006

I did 2 things.

1) Changed deploy\jboss-portal.sar\portal-server.war\WEB-INF\jboss-web.xml file to change the value of the <context-root> from /portal to /

2) Removed the deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\ROOT.war directory.

Now #2 really shouldn't affect my config because I'm running apache in front of JBoss and forwarding the /portal/* URLs to JBoss so Apache handles all other request.

The problem is that I need the context root, which is the first /portal to configure apache.  It's the second /portal that is causing problems, that's the new part and isn't consitently used.  The links inside the UserPortlet don't have this second /portal but the page urls do.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959379#3959379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959379