[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Multiple Transitions to a fork

cpob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 20 10:14:32 EDT 2006

I was creating a sample workflow just to use, and I tried having two task-nodes go to the same fork.  Once a fork already has one incoming transition, it will not allow me to add a second one.

Example:  I have a decision node that can go to one of two task-nodes.  After either path, the flow will fork:

<process-definition
  |   xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.1"  name="123">
  |    <start-state name="start">
  |       <transition name="" to="decision1"></transition>
  |    </start-state>
  |    <fork name="fork1">
  |    </fork>
  |    <decision name="decision1">
  |       <transition name="" to="task1"></transition>
  |       <transition name="tr2" to="task2"></transition>
  |    </decision>
  |    <task-node name="task1">
  |       <transition name="" to="fork1"></transition>
  |    </task-node>
  |    <task-node name="task2">
  |       <transition name="" to="fork1"></transition>
  |    </task-node>
  | </process-definition>

You can force it in XML, but sometimes that works in the GPD, but other times the GPD gets confused and has transitions floating out to nowhere.

Is there some reason there should not be multiple transitions to the same fork?  I realize you can just put a 'NO-OP' node between the fork and the two task-nodes, but that just clutters up the graph.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959584#3959584

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959584