[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: application-defined resources for MDBs

ekrisjo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 20 12:07:54 EDT 2006

If it is true that there could occur conflicts, then i guess the following documentation is not valid:

Reading from "Development Roles" http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/Overview6.html :

"For example, in the application component development phase, an enterprise bean software developer delivers EJB JAR files. In the application assembly role, another developer combines these EJB JAR files into a J2EE application and saves it in an EAR file. In the application deployment role, a system administrator at the customer site uses the EAR file to install the J2EE application into a J2EE server."

Because there is no way for the "application assembly role" to _freely_ pick EJB JAR files from the "enterprise bean software developer". He will be getting global conflicts if an EJB JAR is assembled inside two EARs and deployed in the same server.

Do you see my point? Reusing EJB modules accross applications is not possible. Or have I misunderstood something obvious?

Cheers,
-Kristoffer

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959627#3959627

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959627