[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Setup second JBOSS instance.

jxfish2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 21 12:22:29 EDT 2006

We are currently running JBOSS.

JBOSS was installed and configured by the software vendor that supplied us with the application.

We have a need to access the application via a proxy server, and have that working currently.  (Our customers can only access the application via this proxy server.)

We also have a need to bypass that proxy, for users inside of our network.

In order to do that, I'm afraid we're going to need to setup a second JBOSS instance, that when called, bypasses the proxy, again, for users accessing the GUI from within our firewall.

The reason why we need a second instance, is because the vendor has created a config file, with hardcoded addresses in it.

The current JBOSS instance gets all of its routing information from that config file...

If we can create a second instance, we can point it to a different config file...

We know how to direct the application to the secure / proxy server, and we know how to bypass the proxy...

But, we've tried several different configurations, in an attempt to get both to work with a single environment / config file...

We can not make this work currently, and I don't believe we'll be able to do it without the second instance...

Can anyone tell me how that might be accomplished?

Any good examples?

Any really good reference materials, especially with good examples...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959946#3959946

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959946