[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Best practices question

toddjtidwell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 21 21:28:50 EDT 2006

I have the following requirements:

A small number of producers that generate around 500 messages a second combined.  Each message produced will have an int property of 0 -499. (i.e. 500 different property values).  Along with this I also have a large number of consumers, basically one for each unique property value.

I see two scenarios:

1) Several destinations, each one accepting messages for a subset of the possible property values (i.e. destination-1 would hold all messages with values 0-9< destination 2 would have 10-19, etc) and have the consumers listen to the appropriate destination and use a message selector.

2) Create 500 destinations with each consumer listening to the correct destination.

My question is this:  Which one would be the best way to go and why?  Or is there a better way I'm not thinking of?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960072#3960072

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960072