[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Applying security aspects using metadata-aop.xml

ddunkin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 21 22:11:29 EDT 2006

I'm trying to use the security aspects from the aspect library to put permission checks on a web service. I'm using the annotationc ant task to compile the annotations to xml, which get deployed with my web service. I stepped through with the debugger and it looks like the method level Permissions annotations are working, but the SecurityDomain annotation isn't. I get to this line of AuthenticationInterceptorFactory:
         SecurityDomain domain = (SecurityDomain) advisor.resolveAnnotation(SecurityDomain.class);
but then it fails because the domain is null (the annotation isn't there).

The ClassAdvisor for my class shows all the right classMetaData but doesn't have any annotations. Is that how it's supposed to work? If so, can the security aspects be used in this manner or do I have to precompile the annotations into the bytecode?

I'm running JBoss 4.0.3SP1 w/ the stock jboss-aop (1.3.4 I think) on JDK 1.4. I've enabled transformation on the jboss-aop deployer.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960074#3960074

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960074