[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Could not start JBoss 4.0.4

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 22 18:20:25 EDT 2006

srinivas.k, you should have started a new topic rather than posting on an existing topic.  But since Anand posted the same question to multiple forums (also frowned on), and his question is being answered in another post, I will try to help.

But first, your question isn't clear and doesn't provide enough information to help you with your problem.  You say you are using JBoss 3.2.x.  Which version, exactly?  3.2.7?

You said you did not create a new configuration but then said "I tried creating one".  Was that a typo, in other words, did you mean "I tried starting one"?  If not, what did you mean by "creating one"?  Your statement is especially confusing since later you say "I could not delete this currently created configuration".  So, did you or did you not create a new configuration?

What do you mean by not including any source code?  Are you saying that you did not deploy any of you own applications to JBoss?

How did you start the server in debug mode?  Do you mean that you ran via an IDE such as Eclipse?

You said you are getting error pop ups.  Once again this implies to me that you are starting the server via and IDE.  What do the pop-ups say.  Without the exact text it is impossible to help.

Try this.  From a command prompt, go to the bin directory where JBoss is installed and run the run.bat or run.sh file.  Once you see the "server started in xxx seconds" messages, you should be able to one a browser and enter the URL http://localhost:8080 and see the JBoss welcome page.  If this works, then JBoss is running fine.  If it doesn't, post the text that was output to the command window.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960137#3960137

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960137