[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: rmi registry

choozie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 24 04:58:11 EDT 2006

I figured out my mistake, but I've run into another one. My code is the following:

if (System.getSecurityManager() == null){
            System.setSecurityManager(new RMISecurityManager());
        }

Properties env = new Properties();
env.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
env.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", "localhost:3455");
env.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming");

try {
            InitialContext context = new InitialContext(env);
        } catch (NamingException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

try{
            InvokerLocator myLocator = new InvokerLocator("rmi://localhost:3455");
            RMIServerInvoker rmiserver = new RMIServerInvoker(myLocator);
}catch(Exception e){
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

No errors so far. But then I try to bind to the registry, with

Naming.rebind( serverUrl, server );

where serverUrl = rmi://localhost:3455/

and server is a UnicastRemoteObject.

This gives

RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
	java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is:
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: <server-class>_Stub

I checked the class-folder, and the stub is there. If I create a local rmi-registry and bind to that (skipping all the above code expect the naming.rebind), everything works fine. But I would like the use the jboss rmi registry. What am I doing wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960269#3960269

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960269