[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Hibernate Validation / Page Scope --> allways new entity

bfo81 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 24 08:19:43 EDT 2006

"mrwhite" wrote : But why do i need a conversation for that. it works fine when no validation fault appears.That's the point. If there's no validation fault, everything is ok. BUT: If there is one, then the page needs to be reloaded. Hence the state of the editor page must be "reloaded", too. And a good way to do this is to keep the state in a Conversation.

anonymous wrote : And where should i put the @Begin annotation? Which method do you call before the edit page is displayed?

To make sure we're talking about the same: I usually have a list page with a list bean, and an edit page with an edit bean. And the edit bean contains the following methods:

@Begin(nested=true)
public String create() {...}    //To create a new entry

@Begin(nested=true)
public String edit() {...}    //To edit an existing entry

@End
public String cancel() {...}   //If the cancel button on the edit page is pressed

@End
public String save() {...}   //If the save button is pressed (and validation was successfull)

@End
public String delete() {...}   //If the delete button is pressed

That's the "classic" pattern. Maybe you do it another way, so I wanted to make clear what I'm talking about ;).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960333#3960333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960333