[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Javassist throws SecurityException on new 4.0.4GA

ana_oleski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 24 09:32:32 EDT 2006

Hi,

how in the world did you change your setting from javassist to cglib?
I've beeen fighting for hours with it now.

I've tried
-Dhibernate.bytecode.provider=cglib when starting jboss and
 <property name="hibernate.bytecode.provider" value="cglib" /> in persistence.xml to no avail

JBoss console:
[Environment] Bytecode provider name : javassist

I added a hibernate.properties to classpath with the entry

hibernate.bytecode.provider=cglib

JBoss console:
INFO  [Environment] loaded properties from resource hibernate.properties: {hibernate.bytecode.use_reflection_optimizer=false, hibernate.bytecode.provider=cglib}
  | INFO  [Environment] Bytecode provider name : javassist

which is just as frustrating.

I've searched the jboss installation for the text "bytecode.provider" and found a file persistence.properties in ejb3.deployer/META-INF with the following lines
# I don't think this is honored, but EJB3Deployer uses it
  | hibernate.bytecode.provider=javassist

By the way, is this file mentioned anywhere in the EJB3 documentation and I missed it? Anyway, I commented out the lines, hoping my application setting will then finally be considered, but still no success.

Then I figured that if no value is provided, javassist must be the default somewhere in jboss code so I changed the setting to

hibernate.bytecode.provider=cglib
and then jboss finally said

INFO  [Environment] Bytecode provider name : cglib

Surely there must be a way to make changing this setting easier ...

Ana

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960367#3960367

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960367