[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Does clustering require traffic over 1098 as well as 118

annecotter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 24 13:53:00 EDT 2006

Thanks for the answer Brian.

I have two machines with multiple interfaces.  Clustering traffic is configured to go over bge2, and all other traffic (JNDI/RMI/JMS) is over bge1.  If the two machines don't have IP connectivity over bge1 I get the following messages when a new member joins the cluster:

2006.07.21 12:51:20 WARN  [org.jgroups.protocols.pbcast.NAKACK] [dino2:11800 (additional data: 17 bytes)] discarded message from non-member 10.10.10.10:11800

When the two machines can see each other over bge1 (as well as bge2),  clustering works fine.  In this case when a new member joins the cluster, I see traffic over 1098 at the beginning of the join.  This is why I was suspecting RMI calls between the servers.  Am I missing any obvious reasons why the first case doesn't work?  What causes my second machine (10.10.10.10) to go from being a non-member, to being considered a member so that the first machine won't discard it's messages?

Thanks
Anne

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960484#3960484

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960484