[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Avoiding the DRY Principle with beans

bfo81 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 25 09:10:42 EDT 2006

1) Yes, that's what I found out, too. Thanks ;).

4) Sounds good. At the end of each edit page I have something like
anonymous wrote : <h:commandButton value="Save" action="#{whateverentityEditor.save}" />
  | <h:commandButton value="Delete" action="#{whateverentityEditor.delete}" immediate="true" rendered="#{not whateverentityEditor.newOne}" />
  | <h:commandButton value="Cancel" action="#{whateverentityEditor.cancel}" immediate="true" />

It would be quite nice to have it like that:
anonymous wrote : <xyz:showEditButtons value="whateverentityEditor" />

Even the list page could get more decorated, so that I only need to enter the columns shown. The surrounding dataTable-Tags, the "edit item" buttons, the "create new" button, and even the "No items found" or other  messages shouldn't be typed in by the developer explicitly.

Well, there's a lot of work to do for me. I already have a working list/edit example, but there are so many more ideas. Pagination on the list page is another thing I haven't built in yet.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960673#3960673

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960673