[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ACL in Seam

js8523 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 25 10:52:23 EDT 2006

Hi Yuan,

Unfortuneatly I have not attempted acegi, and instead created my own security layer (using JACC and database authetication on some custom user, role, and user_role entities), but I have not been succesful in implimenting hasPriveledge yet! I followed the wiki items on JACC container security. THANKS TO THOSE GUYS.

I believe from looking at CVS that Shane is specing out a Seam security layer , using a servlet filter, but this looks very work in progress. I don't know how far they have got or what scope there implementation will be (method level role, or user object level permissions).
I hope they look into user object level permissions as this could be done quite elegantly with Entity inheritance.

So I imagine if you have any valid learning points it would be useful to the Seam guys.

Hope this helps,

James

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960710#3960710

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960710