[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Problem with class loaders and isolation

desole do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 25 10:58:54 EDT 2006

I just downladed 4.0.4, and in an attempt to solve a problem with JSF that seems related to class loading I added a jboss-app.xml to my ear file that looks like this:

  | <jboss-app>
  |     <loader-repository>
  |         myear:loader=myear.ear
  |         <loader-repository-config>java2ParentDelegation=false</loader-repository-config>
  |     </loader-repository>
  | </jboss-app>

With this file I have a problem when I start JBoss. Jakarta commons logging is complaining because more than one version of the same class is visible.
When I looked at my repository bean in the console I noticed that commons-logging.jar is actually present twice: once in my ear and once in server/default/lib. This is surprising, since my xml file should turn isolation on and prevent the classes loaded by the parent to be seen.
Is there a way to solve this?
TIA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960715#3960715

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960715