[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Calling an EJB method from a servlet via its Local inter

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 25 11:00:16 EDT 2006

Tomcat and the app server (actually, EJB container) are runnign in the same JVM so you can use the local interface.

However, if you use the remote interface, JBoss is smart enough to know that the session bean is local and use a local connection anyway.

I've never tried using the relfection API to make ejb method calls.  I always either cast the ejb to the local interface, or use PortableRemoteObject.narrow for the remote interface, and then make the calls directly on the resulting proxy.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960717#3960717

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960717