[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Type Hiererchy

wconroy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 25 16:48:03 EDT 2006

If I have the following classes

  | public class Animal {
  | }
  |
  | public class Cat extends Animal {
  | }
  |
  | public class Dog extends Animal {
  | }

and the following method exposed through a web service

  | public Animal[] getAnimalsByOwnerName(String ownerName) {
  | }

I am using the javax.jws annotation and deploying without running wstools or anything and it looks like the definition of Cat and Dog are not in the wsdl that gets generated.  Does JbossWS not support type hierarchies like this?  If they do, is there anything that I need to do to get it to work correctly?  Do the WSTools java-wsdl do anything that the annotations alone will not do?

Thanks,

Bo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960799#3960799

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960799