[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: ClassCastException when accessing DatabaseMetaData.getTa

jweaver@xaware.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 25 20:29:35 EDT 2006

Oleg,
Thanks for responding.
The code is as follows where conn is a Connection
returned from a call to getConnection() on a Datasource from a remote server to my client application using JNDI lookup:

DatabaseMetaData dbMeta = conn.getMetaData();
try {
	tableRes = dbMeta.getTables(null, null, null, types);
} catch (Exception e) {
	System.out.println(e);
	e.printStackTrace(System.err);
}

The types variable is an array of strings with values TABLE, VIEW, SYNONYM.

As you can see I do not do any casting.  It is the
getTables(...) method that throws the exception.

If you would like I can expose the datasource file here.

It appears to me there is a problem with the proxy used to wrap the DatabaseMetaData and it is a problem when the datasource is to an Oracle database using the thin client driver.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960842#3960842

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960842