[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - max_suspend_time and "state retrieved successfully"

matabo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 26 05:09:55 EDT 2006

When there are large state transfer, I get the message (JBosscache 1.2.3, JGroups 2.2.8):

  | WARN  [STABLE] ResumeTask resumed message garbage collection - this
  |  should be done by a RESUME_STABLE event; check why this event was not received
  | (or increase max_suspend_time for large state transfers)

1) Where I can increase max_suspend_time parameter? Where is it set?

Sometimes, line

  | INFO  [TreeCache] state was retrieved successfully (in 6313 milliseconds)

is not written. Instead, I find lines like

  | INFO  [TreeCache] state could not be retrieved (must be first member in group)
  | INFO  [TreeCache] received the state (size=7757569 bytes)
  | INFO  [TreeCache] transient state: 7757517 bytes
  | INFO  [TreeCache] setting transient state
  | INFO  [TreeCache] locking the old tree
  | INFO  [TreeCache] locking the old tree was successful
  | INFO  [TreeCache] setting the transient state was successful
  | INFO  [TreeCache] forcing release of all locks in old tree

even if there is already a member in the group (for instance when I am trying to get a large state). Please note that line: "state was retrieved successfully" is not written.

2) What those lines mean exactly? The state was not transferred at all? The state was partially trasferred? A state was trasferred but it is unreliable?

TIA
matabo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960907#3960907

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960907