[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - More seam examples

kryptontri do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 26 06:33:26 EDT 2006

Would it be possible to add more seam examples as I am having difficulty in developing a full blown application using seam. I posted this thread as i was having issues http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=87408
with managing relationships between objects, e.g

1) Person has many Roles
2) Add Roles to Person
3) Add Siblings to Persons etc etc
4) Full DataModelSelection example, with addition and removal

These are very basic i know. I looked through the documentation again and the examples, there is no concrete example that is easy to follow for the scenario i described above. At the very least I tried to modify the messages example to add messages and that failed.

Most errors seem to be:
1) Issues with the view state
2) Detached entity issues (yes i know that is hibernate related and should be posted there)

Rules in general like:
- nullifying view object that are part of a selected element of DataModel ?
- when adding child objects, do you need to do something like

  |     entityManager.persist(car)
  |     parent.setCar(car)
  |     entityManager.persist(child);
  |     parent.add(child)
  |     parent  = entityManager.merge(parent)

Ok i know the above is hibernate related, and i will look on the hibernate forums for it, or rather the ejb3 forums.

Anyway, sorry for the rant :-| I'm jsut stuck and trying all sorts of things to get the functionality working properly

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960930#3960930

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960930