[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Problem with large strings

ONIT do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 27 09:55:29 EDT 2006

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the quick response.  Your results sound very encouageing.  I didn't bother you with the details since I thought you would experience the same problem.

I am using:
JBoss_4_0_4_GA
JBoss Messaging 1.0.1.CR3
Windows XP Professional

Everything is on one JBoss server.

I have an EJB that is virtually identical to the messaging stateless EJB in the examples that come with JBoss Messaging. The EJB has a sendRequest method that puts a TextMessage in a queue named requestQueue and a getResponse method that retrieves TextMessages from a queue named responseQueue.

A MDB is listening on the requestQueue queue. It processes the request and puts the results into a TextMessage and sends it to the responseQueue queue. The EJB then retrieves the TextMessage from the responseQueue.

My queues are configured in the destinations-service.xml as follows:

   <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.Queue"
      name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=requestQueue"
      xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
      <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer
      750000
      20000
      20000

   <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.Queue"
      name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=responseQueue"
      xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
      <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer
      750000
      20000
      20000

The server log is:

09:24:35,828 INFO  [Queue] Queue[/queue/requestQueue] started, fullSize=750000, pageSize=20000, downCacheSize=20000
09:24:35,828 INFO  [Queue] Queue[/queue/responseQueue] started, fullSize=750000, pageSize=20000, downCacheSize=20000

I am running the application in debug mode in Eclipse.  I am using a memory monitor in Eclipse to track memory usage.

The program uses about 80M of memory.  When I process the first large string (about 380k), memory climbs to about 150M and I start getting these messages in the server log:

09:42:56,343 WARN  [SimpleMemoryManager] Less than 25% of total available memory free

The next time I process the same request memory grows to about 360M and I get more of the above messages.  The more requests I send (one at a time) the more the memory grows.

Response times are about 30 to 35 seconds.

Any clue?

Thanks,

Dennis

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961300#3961300