[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Custom principal in Web application

bdaniliuc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 27 10:48:40 EDT 2006

  Hi all,

  We have an application that needs a custom principal in both the web and the ejb3 component of the application. The application is configured to use CLIENT-CERT. We defined a custom principal as specified at

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingCustomPrincpalsWith

The principal is correctly created by the login module, however, when calling request.getUserPrincipal() the returned object is instance of org.jboss.security.SimplePrincipal. From our investigations it appears that the realm defined by the embedded Tomcat forces a SimplePrincipal.

  Is this a bug or a limitation?

  As reference, we are using JBoss 4.0.4 GA.

  Bogdan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961314#3961314

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961314