[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Type Hiererchy

wconroy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 27 14:26:18 EDT 2006

It doesnt look like it.  correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like JBWS-1010 has to do with exposing every method in every parent interface for the service.  I am more talking about the return types on a method.  Take the following interface

public interface GetAnimals extends Remote {
  public Animal[] getAllAnimals();
}

using the animal class defined above.  Looking at the WSDL generated for this I dont see Dog or Cat show up anywhere.  Is that not valid for web services?  Do I need to have separate getAllCats and getAllDogs methods that specify the exact return type?

Another small complication is that I am trying to use the annotations and am not using wstools.  Do the 2 generate identical wsdl files?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961389#3961389

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961389