[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Removing a MessageListener doesn't remove its associated

davidrh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 28 06:43:44 EDT 2006

The client is running in a different JVM to the server.  In our test environment, they are running on different boxes.

You are right about the cut and paste error - lost the index  somewhere between Eclipse and here.  This is a harness I use for testing, so I can change the number of consumers up and down.  In the production application we have one queue with 10 consumers, one with 5 consumers, two with 2 consumers and 2 with one consumer.

The client application is a web app running under JBoss 4.0.4GA.  We can get a list of the threads from the JMX console, and I've made our message receivers change the thread name on the first call so that we can identify the threads easily.  We're not using MDBs as we want to be able to deploy our product under lighter weight app servers without the full J2EE stack.

I just had a quick try with CR3 before I left the office and it looked OK.  On a couple of runs, it didn't seem to matter whether you set the message listener to null or not - it peaked at forty threads maximum.  Is 40 some sort of maximum thread pool size for the number of sessions with message listeners, and is this configurable somewhere?

Will have to wait until Monday for detailed testing - we will upgrade our test environment to CR3 and await CR4.

Do you have any thoughts on how long a session should be able to stay open?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961524#3961524

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961524